Friday, April 27, 2007

Update

Got the T-Molding and the keywiz encoder today. Super fast shipping.
Groovy Game Gear rocks!

Did more work on the marquee today.
I tried a super bright jumbo led behind the character picture. It didnt look good. The Led casts a bright dot of light in the center of the picture.
I decided to use 12 volt bulbs, like the ones in a coin door.
I think it looks pretty good.
Here is a picture, but the marquee looks better in real life..

I have since mounted another bulb on the right side. I will post more pics later.

Also got a little work done on the joystick mounting.
Here is a kinda blurred picture of the joystick. There is a clip at the bottom of the handle shaft. I remove this with a pair of needle nose pliers. This allows the handle to pull out of the body.


Here is another blurry picture. This one shows the handle pulled apart from the body.
I then took the body of the joystick and temporarily bolted it to the bottom of the control panel.
I then marked around the mounting flange of the joystick.

I then removed the joystick body. This gives me a line which I will use as a guide to route 1/4" out of the control panel. This will allow the joystick handle to protrude through the control panel and plexi glass enough to operate correctly. I repeated the process for the other player's joystick.
-------------------

No comments: