Sunday, April 15, 2007

Some links

Ok, I only got a few minutes, but I thought I would post a few links to websites I have found very useful.
It might help you if yo are just started building your arcade, or if you are still in the planning stage.

Mame: Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. This is the program you will need to run the arcade games on your PC.

GLaunch. A front end is a menu type program. It allows you to choose which game to play. There are several front ends out there, most are free. I like Glaunch the best, among the ones I have tried. I like its simplicity, but it is a little hard to set up.

Build Your Own Arcade Controls forum. This is a very helpful site. Tons of information and ideas. (Be sure to check out the message board in the left menu.)

Dream Arcades. This web store is where I buy my arcade controls (Joysticks and buttons).

Happ Controls. Happ is supposed to have the best parts. But they are very pricey.

The MMP How-To Articles. This is where I found the cabinet plans for Benny B's Arcade and Adam's Arcade. More useful info is also on the site.

Groovy Game Gear. This is where I got my keyboard encoders, and the T-Molding for the cabinet.

Directron. This store has good prices on new and used computers and equipment.

All Electronics. This store has some hard to find electrical parts you might need.

Arcade Art. The name says it all.

Mame Cabinet Control Panel
. This site is one I came across while researching my first project. It shows a control panel in the process of being designed. Also, it shows how to "hack" a mouse to use as a trackball interface. (I am on my second mouse hack right now. Benny B's Arcade didnt have a trackball, but I plan to add one this summer. A trackball is very nice, especially if you like sport games such as bowling and golf.)

Well, Im running out of time, so this should be enough to keep you busy for a while.
I may add other links later. So stay tuned.
You can also do a Google search for arcade to find tons of info.
Disclaimer: I do not maintain any of the websites that I have given links to. I cannot be held responsible for the content on the websites, nor can I be held responsible for any mis-information contained on the sites.
Have a good day!

No comments: