Saturday, April 14, 2007

Alpha

Hello.
I am creating this blog in an attempt to document my building of my third home arcade machine.
This third machine is being built for my son, Kenny, and it was named by him as "The Rage".
Hopefully this will be my best arcade machine yet.
But first, since I didn't document my first two machines, here is a brief report on each.
Here is my first, "Benny B's Arcade"

(That's my daughter Jess playing "Pang".)
Benny B's Arcade was finished in the summer of 2006. It uses Mame as the game emulator, and GLaunch as the front-end (game menu).
It sports a 17" monitor, 1 gig AMD computer, with 256 meg SDRam, and 20 gig hard drive.
It has a coin door and hidden cheat buttons to bypass the coin slots.
I got the plan from this website:
http://www.mameworld.net/massive/How-to/Cabinet_Plans/cabinet_plans.html
(It's the one named "Mame Machine".)
It also is a jukebox, using WinCab.
It took quite awhile to build it, and it was a lot of work. But with help from my fiance' and her son, we got it finished, and it turned out pretty good.


Here is my second, built for my brother's son, Adam, called "Adam's Arcade".

(That's me on the left and my brother 'Santa' on the right.)
Adam's Arcade was finished right before Christmas, 2006.
It sports a 19" monitor, a 2.4 gig pentium 4 computer with 256 megs of DDR Ram, and a 40 gig hard drive.
It also has Mame, GLaunch, and WinCab Jukebox.
This arcade is a modified version of "The Tempster", at the same website as the "Mame Machine". (We cut back the sides from the front to right at the monitor.)
My brother and I built this for his son, Adam.

Now, since I havent got my third creation (The Rage) completed yet, future blogs will document my progress on it.
------------------

No comments: